
After an extremely busy holiday season and many days of breathing machine treatments, cleaning up after stomach bugs (ICK!) and a FORTIETH birthday (Rodney!) I am finally starting to feel like my feet are on solid ground again. Our girls (and I) were hit hard by illness over the holidays, but I am happy to report that all lingering symptoms are GONE! So I finally have a few moments to update...
Anna Beth - earned third place in the school district spelling competition (UIL). She's also continued to earn all A's on report cards, earned the most Accelerated Reader points for her class for the year, received the Personal Success Award for being an all around great student, received the "Caring" character award (voted by her peers). She's also dancing several nights a week. Her two favorite activities are still reading & dancing.
Corinne - continues to blossom in Dual Language. She was invited to sing at the local Lions Club meeting. She & several classmates from the Dual Language program really entertained the crowd while they showcased our wonderful school. Corinne has also earned the "Independent Learner" award from her teachers. She loves her class & has quickly learned to speak a lot of Spanish. She & Anna Beth have Spanish conversations much of the time. I guess that means I need to order the Spanish version of Rosetta Stone so that I can make sure they aren't planning any trouble!
Lila - is writing her name by herself. It's nice that it is just L-I-L-A, but what an accomplishment before you are three & a half! She can count to 20 in Spanish & will say several words in Spanish (thanks, big sisters!). Arriba, medio & abajo are her favorite Spanish words to use & explain. She loves, loves, loves her baby sister, Vivian. Lila is often my shadow as I work around the house & care for Vivian. She continues to take ballet & tap and LOVES every minute of it.
Vivian - lost all of her hair and it is growing back like wildfire! Her eyes & hair look just like Anna Beth's did at this age. Wonder if she will be another blue eyed blonde? She loves to play with her sisters and cannot take her eyes off of Daddy when he is home. She is now drinking almost 40 ounces of formula each day and eagerly eats mashed banana & baby oatmeal made with organic grape juice. I sometimes miss nursing my sweet baby (weaned during the holidays), but I literally could not keep up with her gargantuan appetite. She weighed 17 pounds about 2 weeks ago and that was after her bout with the stomach flu. I'll bet that she will be 19-20 pounds at her six month check up in a few weeks.
Rodney - Turned FORTY on New Year's Day. We had a family party at his parents house that was a lot of fun in spite of sick kids. I just hope we didn't give everyone a party favor they didn't want (courtesy of Vivian). He works so hard, but loves what he does and he is incredible at what he does. He has that smart science brain AND people skills which is hard to find. I can learn a thing or a dozen from him about how to handle people.
Me - I am wearing my volunteer hat a lot these days. I am chairing the silent auction at the big girls' school for their Spring Fair. It's my third consecutive year to do so. I will finish that in late March and then get busy for Junior League. I am chairing Stuff the Bus this year...our signature project in which we provide school supplies for more than 11,000 needy children in our community. It's an amazing group of women and an amazing project. I look forward to making an impact in our community.
Well, I know that's not everything that we've been up to, but it's a start. I didn't make any resolutions this new year, but I do hope to blog more often. We'll see how that goes!
Best Wishes for an amazing 2010 full of fun, love & blessings!




What a beautiful family! Miss you all so much.
ReplyDelete