Here is a bit of an update for each of our four smocked sisters...
Anna Beth - She auditioned for a lyrical group dance on Sunday. We were nervous about the outcome since she had attended her first slumber party the night prior to the audition. Really, how much sleep was she going to get & then expect to dance her best the next afternoon. She had a blast at the party, came home to nap for almost 3 hours, then head to another birthday party before her audition. We found out the results tonight. Beaming, she pulled me over to the dance studio bulletin board and I knew....she had made it! I am so proud of her. I would have been proud of her had she not made it, but she really wanted this. I certainly couldn't learn several eight counts of a dance and then perform it half and hour later. Way to go, AB!!!
Corinne - She just turned SIX and loves everything American Girl. She got her own "Just Like Me" American Girl doll for her birthday & "Hannah" goes almost everywhere with her. Too cute! She is blossoming in Dual Language Kindergarten. She is already reading Spanish sentences. I was blown away when she read "Yo quiero mi mama y mi papi." (I think I wrote it correctly!) Her teacher had many compliments at our recent parent/teacher conference (which takes place for all kinder students in lieu of a first six weeks report card). He told us that he can see why she was chosen for the Dual Language program and that he sees how excited she is to learn Spanish. We also found out that she is the "teacher" at her table. She is the only native English speaker at the table, so she has taken her fellow tablemates under her wing. Bueno Trabajo, Corinne!
Vivian - Sweet Vivian will be three months old tomorrow. Time certainly flies or maybe it's the lack of sleep/rest that simply makes it all a blur. Vivian has started to swat at toys. Her favorite toy is a rattle penguin on her playmat (loves that black/white contrast!). Her smiles will melt your heart. Her reflux has flared up again, so we're trying to keep her comfortable. Playing with your baby while upright is getting old, but we're managing. I keep reminding myself that the first three months are the worst, so we are definitely in the home stretch (I hope!)




No comments:
Post a Comment