Friday, October 30, 2009

I did it!

I survived a week alone with all four girls!

Rodney left on Sunday for 5 nights in Dallas. I was petrified to be on my own, but we made it. Even with Lila and her stomach bug. I hate to ask for help. I am the type of person who really wants to do it myself...well, that is no longer the case!

I asked our next door neighbors to watch Vivian yesterday while I cleaned up my car and Lila (who had thrown up all over herself on the way home from preschool - NASTY!) and I also asked a friend to bring Anna Beth home from dance last night. I definitely could not have made it through yesterday's "trauma" without these special friends. They were such blessings since our family is 3+ hours away. I almost made an "emergency" phone call to have Gran Jan come down here to help. Lila is fine now & I am hoping that no one else comes down with the bug.

I am definitely more confident about a few days of being a "single mom", but I am not ready to try it again anytime soon. Having Rodney gone this week definitely makes me more appreciative of his involvement as a father and husband. I will now overlook his dirty laundry on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment