Friday, November 6, 2009

Bald is beautiful

All of our babies have been bald. For what seems like forever...until they are at least two! Corinne never had any hair until she was two & a half and then boy, did it come in! Imagine our surprise when Vivian was born with hair. Lots of dark hair. We all thought that she would be our brunette baby in a house full of blondies. Things are changing.

Vivian's hair has been steadily falling out all week. I was shocked the other day when I was nursing her, I rubbed her head (one of my favorite things in the world is rubbing our babies' heads, so soft!) and I had a clump of dark, fuzzy hair wrapped around my fingers. WHAT?!?!

Her hairline has receded all the way back to the back 2/3 of her head. She looks so funny, but I know it will look normal when she finishes shedding. Here is a picture of the top of her now very bald head. I've also included a "before" photo, one from the other day before the serious shedding began. She still has the "old man ring" of hair around the back. I wonder when that will disappear? No matter what, she is a beautiful baby to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment